Sunday, January 31, 2010

THE REAL THING

Authentic Heritage Yee Sang



There's this package called Authentic Heritage intended for seven to ten diners. It's also the only product in the Spring Toss range that comes with preserved fishmeat, namely jellyfish. I guess that's what makes this product live up to its name "Authentic Heritage". Way back in China where this dish hails from, folks insisted that some form of uncooked marine catch must be included among the ingredients.

The other items you will find in this product are sliced yam, handmade egg crackers, lime sauce, red and yellow ginger, pickled papaya, pickled leeks, fried sliced yam, lime, groundnuts, sesame seed, five-spice powder and black pepper. Talk about flavour!

Whenever I start listing out yee sang ingredients I go into a frame of mind where I see myself seated before a big plate of yee sang with my chopsticks poised, my stomach growling and ... I think I'd better call it a day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment