Friday, September 11, 2009

A Delicious Toss for The Spring

I thought I was a connoisseur of Yee Sang until a friend I met in a hypermart introduced me to Spring Toss. She even pointed out to me the section where the Spring Toss items were arranged.

Was I impressed when I drew near! What a FIND! There was variety a-plenty to choose from - Traditional, Teochew and Thai flavours. There were different packagings to suit different sizes in gatherings. I found one that was just nice for three to five people - and another that was enough for a table of thirteen! And there were also supplementary packs of pok choy and sliced yam - these people think of everything.

And that's not all. On some of the boxes were exotic names like Fruity Fiesta, Golden Sensation and Radiant Lotus. I read the ingredients listed on them - and nearly fainted with an uncontrollable yearning for the festive delicacy. 

I started filling up my cart so fast you'd have thought the government was about to prohibit the sale of Yee Sang.

As I neared the cashier's counter, I saw my friend who had told me about Spring Toss. She looked at the contents of my cart and laughed.

"Stocking up for the New Year?" she asked me.

"WHO's waiting for the New Year?" I replied. "I can always come back for more."


BOLDWRITER

0 comments:

Post a Comment